What Does A Ghostwriter Do?
Dandelion's Ghostwriting Services
Following are the steps I take with my client after I sign a contract with them:
- Set up a time to meet with them vis-à-vis to
spend 4-5 full working days recording all the material for the book.
- Request all the supportive documents, written
material, graphics and other resource items that the client may wish to include
in the book; deliver these to me during my visit (or they can mail them to me
- Upon returning from my visit with the client, I
transcribe the recorded sessions and start to organize the material into
- At the same time, I organize the supplemental
material into categories that can be integrated with the transcribed material.
- At that point, I can visualize the structure of
- I set to work organizing the book chapters or
- I then “weave” together all of the material by
moving through it categorically; sorting, discarding, making notes about areas
where I need more input from the client, etc.
- I proceed to develop the first 50 pages of the
book, which I send to the client for their input.
- I make the necessary adjustments and then I
develop the first draft of the entire work.
- Upon completion (it will have been proofed
several times already), I send that draft to the client.
- The client reviews it carefully and then we work
together to make the revisions.
- The client sends me the revised document.
- I make the necessary adjustments and then return
the completed second draft to the client.
- The client reviews the second draft and makes
other adjustments and editorial changes.
- After receiving the second draft, I make these
adjustments, carefully proofread the finished manuscript several times and make
the necessary corrections, then send it to the client. At this point it is
considered a finished work.
- If the client wishes to make more adjustments, I
charge an hourly rate for these additional ghostwriting fees until we have
satisfactorily completed the process.
- The work is now ready for publication; my
clients have the option of co-publishing with Dandelion Books.
Carol Adler's Portfolio Website
Return to Home
| About Us | America Speaks Out | Contact Us
Dandelion Ebooks | Non Fiction Books | Our Logo | Fiction Books
Self Help Books | Submissions
©2000-2017 Dandelion Books, LLC